CLASS : HANDBUILDING (adult, 10 students, 10 weeks) $320
Our Handbuilding classes run for 10 weeks with a rolling admission. You choose when you start. Once you sign up for a class, you are free to drop in on other classes and practice as long as there is room. You may also attend our free open studio sessions every Sunday 12:30 - 3pm. Classes are for wheel throwing unless otherwise noted. Your fee includes pretty much everything**.
INFO FOR BEGINNERS
Unless otherwise noted, all our classes are suitable for beginners. Beginners start the class together at reserved wheels so that teachers can guide them through essential skills and techniques.
For students who have experience working with clay, classes are loosely structured so that the teacher can work with each student at their own pace.
If you have a question about classes or membership, please send an email to Adele at membership (at) districtclaycenter.com.
- PLEASE NOTE:Once you register, you will receive an email confirmation and more specific info in advance of your first class.
- Upcoming new student start dates will be on the weeks of 10/27, 12/1, 1/5, 2/9
- You can register at ANY time for classes with available spots, and begin on dates listed above.
- If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by sitting in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
- if you are registering for another person, include that person's name and contact info.
WAITLIST = EARLY HEADSUP
By registering for the "waitlist", your name and contact info will be added to a list of folks who will notify before the next 5 week class cycle start dates so they can get an early jump on registering for currently open spots on our rosters. It is only suggested that you register for the waitlist if you are interested in weekday 6p and Sunday classes, which are most often filled to capacity. With the early notification, we are not indicating spots for specific classes -- This "waitlist" notification will serve as a reminder at a good time to find the classes you are interested in, right after we have updated our inventory and right before new student class cycles begin, typically 2 - 3 weeks before. You will still need to visit this class registration page(s) and register, as normal. Classes are available, first come first serve. We hope this is helpful to you!
- HOLIDAYS We are open holidays with the exception of July 4, Thanksgiving, December 24 & 25, and Jan 1 when the studio is closed. We automatically extend sessions for these dates.
- If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by dropping in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
*Our HANDBUILDING classes are held in the HANDBUILDING ROOM with a maximum of 10 students per class
**25lbs clay, all tools, one personal 12" x 36" shelf, glazes, underglazes and oxide washes and bisque and glaze firings.
Note: Students who use large amounts of clay may incur firing charges or should transfer to our artist program.