CLASS : HANDBUILDING (adult, 7 students, 10 weeks) $350
In this intro class, learn basic handbuilding skills like pinch, coil and slab and more advanced things like paper clay and how to mix techniques. Explore texture by making and using a wide variety of texture tools including found objects and your hands! And learn how to enhance your designs with stains and glazes.
Our Handbuilding classes run for 10 weeks with a rolling admission. You choose when you start. Once you sign up for a class, you are free to drop in on other classes and practice as long as there is room. You may also attend our free open studio sessions every Sunday 12:30 - 3pm, 5:30-8 pm and Friday from 10-12:30 pm. Your fee includes pretty much everything*.
Taught by Liz Lockett and Ara Koh.
Important Note: Liz Lockett's Tuesday night class is a hybrid class and alternates with in person classes and Zoom interactive online classes on a weekly basis. Students who wish to do this as a purely Zoom class have that option once they sign up.
Beginning students will work on basic handbuilding steps. For students who have handbuilding experience, teachers will work with each student at their own pace and on mastering more advanced techniques and constructions.
If you have a question about classes or membership, please send an email to Rebecca at membership (at) districtclaycenter.com.
- PLEASE NOTE: Once you register, you will receive an email confirmation and more specific info in advance of your first class.
- If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by sitting in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
- If you are registering for another person, include that person's name and contact info.
OUR NEW TERMS
We have changed our terms to adapt to shifting COVID-19 situation.
- First time students may get a full refund after their initial visit if they do not feel comfortable. If you notify us by your third visit, you can get a 50% refund.
- If you need to self-quarantine, you can suspend classes for two weeks at no charge. If you become sick and need more than two weeks, you can suspend any remaining classes and we will send you a credit you can use for up to two years.
- If the virus resurges and District Clay must close, your classes will be suspended and you can restart when we re-open or we will give you a credit you can use at a later date.
WAITLIST = EARLY HEADSUP: By registering for the "waitlist", we will let you know as soon as a spot opens up. You will have one week to sign up.
HOLIDAYS: We are open holidays with the exception of July 4, Thanksgiving, December 24 & 25, and Jan 1 when the studio is closed. We automatically extend sessions for these dates.
MAKE UPS: If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by dropping in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
*25 lbs clay, all tools, one personal 12" x 36" shelf, glazes, underglazes and oxide washes and bisque and glaze firings.
Note: Students who use large amounts of clay may incur firing charges or should transfer to our artist program.