CLASS : HANDBUILDING (adult, 8 students, 10 weeks) $350
Our Handbuilding classes run for 10 weeks with a rolling admission. You choose when you start. Once you sign up for a class, you are free to drop in on other classes and practice as long as there is room. You may also attend our free open studio sessions every Sunday 12:30 - 3pm. Your fee includes pretty much everything*.
Taught by Liz Lockett and Jon Kerr.
INFO FOR BEGINNERS
Unless otherwise noted, all our classes are suitable for beginners. Beginners start the class together at reserved wheels so that teachers can guide them through essential skills and techniques.
For students who have experience working with clay, classes are loosely structured so that the teacher can work with each student at their own pace.
If you have a question about classes or membership, please send an email to Adele at membership (at) districtclaycenter.com.
- PLEASE NOTE: Once you register, you will receive an email confirmation and more specific info in advance of your first class.
- You can register at ANY time for classes with available spots.
- If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by sitting in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
- If you are registering for another person, include that person's name and contact info.
WAITLIST = EARLY HEADSUP
By registering for the "waitlist", we will let you know as soon as a spot opens up. You will have one week to sign up.
- HOLIDAYS We are open holidays with the exception of July 4, Thanksgiving, December 24 & 25, and Jan 1 when the studio is closed. We automatically extend sessions for these dates.
- If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by dropping in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
*25 lbs clay, all tools, one personal 12" x 36" shelf, glazes, underglazes and oxide washes and bisque and glaze firings.
Note: Students who use large amounts of clay may incur firing charges or should transfer to our artist program.