CLASS : WHEEL (adult, 10 students, 10 weeks) $350
Our small* wheel classes run for 10 weeks with a rolling admission every 5 weeks. Once you sign up for a class, you are free to drop in on other classes and practice as long as there is room. You may also attend our free open studio sessions every Sunday 12:30 - 3pm. Classes are for wheel throwing unless otherwise noted. Your fee includes pretty much everything**.
To see our list of teachers and who teaches each class, click here.
INFO FOR BEGINNERS
Unless otherwise noted, all our classes are suitable for beginners. Beginners start the class together at reserved wheels so that teachers can guide them through essential skills and techniques.
For students who have experience working with clay, classes are loosely structured so that the teacher can work with each student at their own pace.
If you have a question about classes or membership, please send an email to Adele at membership (at) districtclaycenter.com.
- PLEASE NOTE:Once you register, you will receive an email confirmation and more specific info in advance of your first class.
- Upcoming new student start dates will be on the weeks of 9/22, 10/27, 12/1, 1/5, 2/9
- You can register at ANY time for classes with available spots, and begin on dates listed above.
- If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by sitting in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
- if you are registering for another person, include that person's name and contact info.
ABOUT THE WAITLIST
- The WAITLIST allows you to get first crack at spaces in all classes that are currently full. If you sign up for the WAITLIST, you will get an email exactly one week before the spaces become public. A week later, these spaces will be opened up to the public and anyone can register. You can sign up for the WAITLIST at the bottom of the class listing below.
- HOLIDAYS We are open holidays with the exception of July 4, Thanksgiving, December 24 & 25, and Jan 1 when the studio is closed. We automatically extend sessions for these dates.
*Our small format classes are held in the SMALL WHEEL ROOM with a maximum of 10 students per class. Small classes allow more teacher-student interaction than our 16 student "large" classes.
**25lbs clay, all tools, one personal 12" x 36" shelf, glazes, underglazes and oxide washes and bisque and glaze firings.
Note: Students who use large amounts of clay may incur firing charges or should transfer to our artist program.
*WHAT YOUR FEE INCLUDES: Your class fee includes instruction, personal shelf space, use of any tools you may need (we have dozens of different kinds), 25 lbs of clay, glazes and bisque & glaze firing in our gas reduction kiln. We don’t make you buy a tool kit, pay extra fees for glaze firings or rent shelf space. All you need to bring to class is a towel and a willingness to get a little muddy.
FREE OPEN STUDIO: Besides allowing students to sit in on any other classes during their enrollment period, we offer “free studio” time on Sundays from 12:30 to 3 pm at no charge. That’s 10 hours a month of free studio time! We recognize that one of the keys to success in the ceramic arts is practice, practice, practice, so we try and make the studio as available to you as possible. We truly want you to SEIZE THE CLAY!
DISCOUNTS: We offer seniors (over 62) and current members of the military (and their immediate families) a 10 percent discount on their class rates. Just type "senior" or "military" in the coupon field upon checkout.
CLASS REFUNDS: You can get a 100% refund by letting us know prior to your first class that you need to cancel your 10 week session. You can get a 50% refund if you let us know before your third class. After your third class, we can't give any more refunds.