CLASS : WHEEL (adult, 8 students, 10 weeks) $360
Our small* wheel classes run for 10 weeks. Once you sign up for a class, you are free to drop in on other classes and practice as long as there is room. You may also attend our free open studio sessions every Sunday 12:30 - 3pm. Classes are for wheel throwing unless otherwise noted. Your fee includes pretty much everything**.
To see our list of teachers and who teaches each class, click here.
INFO FOR BEGINNERS
Unless otherwise noted, all our classes are suitable for beginners.
For students who have experience working with clay, classes are loosely structured so that the teacher can work with each student at their own pace.
If you have a question about classes or membership, please send an email to Adele at membership (at) districtclaycenter.com.
- PLEASE NOTE:Once you register, you will receive an email confirmation and more specific info in advance of your first class.
- You can register at ANY time for classes with available spots, and begin with a week.
- If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by sitting in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
- if you are registering for another person, include that person's name and contact info.
WAITLIST = EARLY HEADSUP
By registering for the "waitlist", we will contact you as soon as a spot opens up. Please respond with one week to secure your place.
- HOLIDAYS We are open holidays with the exception of July 4, Thanksgiving, December 24 & 25, 31 (evening classes) and Jan 1 when the studio is closedfor workshops or other events. We automatically extend sessions for these dates.
- If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by dropping in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
*Our small format classes are held in the small WHEEL ROOM with a maximum of 8students per class
**25lbs clay, all tools, one personal 12" x 36" shelf, glazes, underglazes and oxide washes and bisque and glaze firings.
Note: Students who use large amounts of clay may incur firing charges or should transfer to our artist program.
*WHAT YOUR FEE INCLUDES: Your class fee includes instruction, personal shelf space, use of any tools you may need (we have dozens of different kinds), 25 lbs of clay, glazes and bisque & glaze firing in our gas reduction kiln. We don’t make you buy a tool kit, pay extra fees for glaze firings or rent shelf space. All you need to bring to class is a towel and a willingness to get a little muddy.
FREE OPEN STUDIO: Besides allowing students to sit in on any other classes during their enrollment period, we offer “free studio” time on Sundays from 12:30 to 3 pm at no charge. That’s 10 hours a month of free studio time! We recognize that one of the keys to success in the ceramic arts is practice, practice, practice, so we try and make the studio as available to you as possible. We truly want you to SEIZE THE CLAY!
DISCOUNTS: We offer seniors (over 62) and current members of the military (and their immediate families) a 10 percent discount on their class rates. Just type "senior" or "military" in the coupon field upon checkout.
CLASS REFUNDS: You can get a 100% refund by letting us know prior to your first class that you need to cancel your 10 week session. You can get a 50% refund if you let us know before your third class. After your third class, we can't give any more refunds.