CLASS : KIDS/TEEN/FAMILY INTRO TO THE WHEEL (kids 12+, 8 students) Sat 12-2 or 2:30-4:30 pm
A wheel throwing class for kids, teens, adults especially FAMILIES! These Saturday afternoon (12-2 & 2:30-4:30) classes runs 8 weeks, session dates below. Current student must renew at least 2 weeks before the end of the current session or their space will not be guaranteed.
For children 12 and up and adults of any age. We welcome parent-child couples in this class! Your fee includes pretty much everything. Taught by Julia DeNardo.
No extensions of sessions will be available - make-ups in other classes will be permitted. You may also attend open studio Sunday 12:30-3pm.
Fall I 2022: 9/10, 9/17, 9/24, 10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, 10/29,
Fall II 2022: 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 12/3, 12/10, 12/17, 1/7, 1/14 (no classes 11/26, 12/24, 12/31)
Winter 2023: 1/21, 1/28, 2/4, 2/11, 2/18, 2/25, 3/4, 3/11
Spring 2023: 3/18, 3/25, 4/1, 4/8, 4/15, 4/22, 4/29, 5/6
Spring/Summer 2023: 5/13, 5/20, 5/27, 6/3, 6/10, 6/17, 6/24, 7/1
Summer 2023: 7/8, 7/15, 7/22, 7/29, 8/5, 8/12, 8/19, 8/26
Everyone attending classes at DCC MUST be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccine will be required before attending your first class.
INFO FOR BEGINNERS
Unless otherwise noted, all our classes are suitable for beginners. Beginners start the class together at reserved wheels so that teachers can guide them through essential skills and techniques.
For students who have experience working with clay, classes are loosely structured so that the teacher can work with each student at their own pace.
If you have a question about classes or membership, please send an email to Rebecca at membership (at) districtclaycenter.com.
- PLEASE NOTE:Once you register, you will receive an email confirmation and more specific info in advance of your first class.
- if you are registering for another person, include that person's name and contact info.
- HOLIDAYS We are open holidays with the exception of July 4, Thanksgiving, December 24 & 25, 31 (evening classes) and Jan 1 when the studio is closed for workshops or other events. We automatically extend sessions for these dates.
- If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by dropping in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
- **25lbs clay, all tools, one personal 12" x 36" shelf, glazes, underglazes and oxide washes and bisque and glaze firings.