CLASS : WHEEL : IN-DEPTH WHEEL THROWING WITH CHAD GUNDERSON (adult, 8 students, 8 weeks, 3 hours each class) $360
IN-DEPTH WHEEL THROWING- Beyond the Basics with Chad Gunderson
Tuesday 6:30-9:30 (8 weeks) $360
SUMMER 2021: 5/25, 6/1, 6/8, 6/15, 6/22, 6/29, 7/6, 7/13,
Ready to push yourself Beyond the Basics and advance your skills? This small three hour class runs for 8 weeks and offers more intensive, one-on-one instruction, with longer class hours and limited enrollment. Say goodbye to heavy bottoms, uneven walls, wobbly rims, droopy handles and other common problems, and get ready to learn new skills and techniques each session.
For no extra fees, you are free to drop in on other regular studio classes and practice. You may also attend our free open studio sessions every Sunday 12:30-3pm, 5:30-8pm and Tue from 10am to 12:30 pm. Max of 8 students.
This class has specific start and stop date. No drop-ins during this class.
PRE-REQUISITE: Students must be able to throw a 5" cylinder
CLASS INCLUDES 25 lbs of clay, all tools, one 12" x 36" shelf, slip, glazes, oxide washes, and bisque and glaze firings.
Chad is a 2020-21 resident artist at District Clay. He received his MFA from Arizona State University and his BFA from Minnesota State University. He has taught ceramics at the University of Puget Sound, Brooklyn College and Bennington College. He has done residencies at the Bakehouse in Miami, Fl and The Pottery Workshop in Jingdezhen, China and his work has been exhibited in over two dozen shows across the country.
- Once you register, please wait to receive an intro email from our membership department with more specific info about your first class.
- if you are registering for another person, include that person's name and contact info.
OUR NEW TERMS
We have changed our terms to adapt to the shifting COVID-19 situation.
- First time students may get a full refund after their initial visit if they do not feel comfortable. If you notify us by your third visit, you can get a 50% refund.
- If you need to self-quarantine, you can suspend classes for two weeks at no charge. If you become sick and need more than two weeks, you can suspend any remaining classes and we will send you a credit you can use for up to two years.
- If the virus resurges and District Clay must close, your classes will be suspended and you can restart when we re-open or we will give you a credit you can use at a later date.
WAITLIST = EARLY HEADSUP
By registering for the "waitlist", we will let you know when the next spot is available. You wil have one week to respond.
- HOLIDAYS We are open holidays with the exception of July 4, Thanksgiving, December 24 & 25, 31 (evening classes) and Jan 1 when the studio is closedfor workshops or other events.We automatically extend sessions for these dates.
- If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by dropping in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
Note: Students who use large amounts of clay may incur additional firing charges or should consider transferring to our artist program.