Outdoor Wheel at District Clay! 5 sessions, 2.5 hours each, Tuesday & Sunday, $195
Seize the Clay on a District Clay wheel located just outside our studio. We supply a wheel, an outdoor tent and 12.5 lbs of clay. Plus all the other stuff a regular student gets - tools, access to glazes, bisque and glaze firing and access to a DCC teacher. We have three wheels to offer on Tuesday and Sundays. If there is interest, we will expand to new days and times.
1) Outdoor wheels are for students who have prior experience working on a wheel. This is because our teachers are inside District Clay and wheels are outside District Clay. While teachers are happy to do demos and provide instruction, that activity occurs inside District Clay at a teacher demo wheel.
2) Just like our inside classes, you reserve your wheel at the time/day of your choosing and then you have it for the next five consecutive weeks. If you miss a day, you can make it up inside of the District Clay at a regular wheel. With this class, you can also drop in to any inside District Clay class and work at a wheel.
3) Weather: If weather makes throwing impossible, then we will extend your sessions.
- Your wheel will be set up for you in advance. The five session fee includes a $5 per session fee that goes to the teacher that sets up your outdoor wheel station.
-Membership will contact you to confirm your start and end date after you sign up.
-Your outdoor wheel adventure happens in front of District Clay except:
- You will still need to enter District Clay and follow our COVID safety criteria to get a shelf, your clay, and to gather any needed tools, buckets, bats etc. You will also get a personal wedging and waxing station with your wheel.
- If you wish a demo from your teacher, that will be done at a teacher demo station inside of District Clay.
- When you leave, you will need to follow our standard cleaning and disinfecting criteria, which involves using the sinks and disinfecting baths.
- If you wish to glaze your work, that must done inside of District Clay at a glaze station.
- Also you will need to enter District Clay to pickup your bisqued and glaze fired work.
Questions? Contact Jon Kerr at stonewarejon (at) gmail.com / 202-302-0239.