Clay from Home Program
With our new Clay from Home program, you can purchase 25 lbs of our studio clay and start SEIZING THE CLAY at home.
Price includes use of District Clay glazes, bisque and glaze firing. Plus we are including an instruction sheet on how to set up your new home studio plus links to You Tube videos our teachers have selected that will help you with make cool handbuilt ware.
This program is for students who have previous clay experience either at District Clay or elsewhere. This program is not appropriate for students who are brand new to clay.
If you wish, you can purchase a HOME POTTERY KIT for $22 when you buy your clay. This kit by ARTEZA contains 22 tools that make working from home easy. This kit is optional because most of the tools you need can also easily be created from items you already have at home.
How it works:
After we notify you that your clay is ready, you pick up clay from District Clay and then use District Clay info sheets to make fun stuff from home. Drop off your work to be bisque and glaze fired or come by and glaze your work anytime District Clay is open.
Please do not pick up clay until you receive an email from our membership team that includes your Clay from Home info packet and clay pick up information.
- Students have access to District Clay glazes and glaze areas only. Access to DCC wheels and handbuilding areas or to District Clay in-person classes or to Open Studio time is not included.
- Personal shelving at District Clay is not included.
- Please note this is not for large or unusually sized work (larger than 10"x10" x10").
- Students should use District Clay studio glazes or commercial glazes (cone six oxidation or cone 10 reduction only).
- District Clay reserves the right to reject work that is incorrectly glazed or too thick and which could shatter when fired.