CLASS : WHEEL : FAMILY (kids 10yr+, teens & adults, 10 students, 10 classes) $150-275
A wheel throwing/handbuilding class for kids, teens, adults especially FAMILIES! This Saturday afternoon(1-3pm)class runs for 5 ($150) or 10 ($275) weeks with a rolling start. You may start at any time. For children 10 and up and adults of any age. We welcome parent-child couples in this class! Your fee includes pretty much everything. Taught by Carol Herwig and Cole Norton.
INFO FOR BEGINNERS
Unless otherwise noted, all our classes are suitable for beginners. Beginners start the class together at reserved wheels so that teachers can guide them through essential skills and techniques.
For students who have experience working with clay, classes are loosely structured so that the teacher can work with each student at their own pace.
If you have a question about classes or membership, please send an email to Adele at membership (at) districtclaycenter.com.
- PLEASE NOTE:Once you register, you will receive an email confirmation and more specific info in advance of your first class.
- Upcoming new student start dates will be on the weeks of 10/27, 12/1, 1/5, 2/9
- You can register at ANY time for classes with available spots, and begin on dates listed above.
- If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by sitting in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
- if you are registering for another person, include that person's name and contact info.
WAITLIST = EARLY HEADSUP
By registering for the "waitlist", your name and contact info will be added to a list of folks who will notify before the next 5 week class cycle start dates so they can get an early jump on registering for currently open spots on our rosters. It is only suggested that you register for the waitlist if you are interested in weekday 6p and Sunday classes, which are most often filled to capacity. With the early notification, we are not indicating spots for specific classes -- This "waitlist" notification will serve as a reminder at a good time to find the classes you are interested in, right after we have updated our inventory and right before new student class cycles begin, typically 2 - 3 weeks before. You will still need to visit this class registration page(s) and register, as normal. Classes are available, first come first serve. We hope this is helpful to you!
- HOLIDAYS We are open holidays with the exception of July 4, Thanksgiving, December 24 & 25, and Jan 1 when the studio is closed. We automatically extend sessions for these dates.
- If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by dropping in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
*Our Family classes are held in the small WHEEL ROOM with a maximum of 10 students per class
**25lbs clay, all tools, one personal 12" x 36" shelf, glazes, underglazes and oxide washes and bisque and glaze firings.
Note: Students who use large amounts of clay may incur firing charges or should transfer to our artist program.
*WHAT YOUR FEE INCLUDES: Your class fee includes instruction, personal shelf space, use of any tools you may need (we have dozens of different kinds), 25 lbs of clay, glazes and bisque & glaze firing in our gas reduction kiln. We don’t make you buy a tool kit, pay extra fees for glaze firings or rent shelf space. All you need to bring to class is a towel and a willingness to get a little muddy.
MORE ENROLLMENT BASICS: Enrollment in regular classes is rolling, so you can generally begin on a date you specify and continue for ten weeks. If you register online, your online registration will be confirmed before your class begins. Please don't attend a class until you have received a date confirming your start date. If you have questions about DCC classes or enrollment, please send them to Adele at membership (at) districtclaycenter (dot) com.
CLASS REFUNDS: You can get a 100% refund by letting us know prior to your first class that you need to cancel your 10 week session. You can get a 50% refund if you let us know before your third class. After your third class, we can't give any more refunds.