CLASS : WHEEL (adult, 16 students, 10 week) $320
Our large format* wheel classes run for 10 weeks with a rolling admission every 5 weeks. Once you sign up for a class, you are free to drop in on other classes and practice as long as there is room. You may also attend our free open studio sessions every Sunday 12:30 - 3pm. Classes are for wheel throwing unless otherwise noted. Your fee includes pretty much everything**.
To see our list of teachers and who teaches each class, click here.
INFO FOR BEGINNERS
Unless otherwise noted, all our classes are suitable for beginners and intermediate students. Beginners start the class together on specific start dates at reserved wheels so that teachers can guide them through essential skills and techniques.
For students who have experience working with clay, classes are loosely structured so that the teacher can work with each student at their own pace.
If you have a question about classes or membership, please send an email to Adele at membership (at) districtclaycenter.com.
- Once you register, you will receive an email confirmation and more specific info in advance of your first class.
- Beginners and students new to District Clay Center, will start together on NEW STUDENT START DATES
- Upcoming new student start dates will be on the weeks of 1/5, 2/9, 3/15
- You can register at ANY time for classes with available spots, and begin on dates listed above.
- if you are a RETURNING STUDENTS, please let us know and we may be able to start you at an earlier date.
- if you are registering for another person, include that person's name and contact info.
WAITLIST = EARLY HEADSUP
By registering for the "waitlist", your name and contact info will be added to a list of folks who will notify before the next 5 week class cycle start dates so they can get an early jump on registering for currently open spots on our rosters. It is only suggested that you register for the waitlist if you are interested in weekday 6p and Sunday classes, which are most often filled to capacity. With the early notification, we are not indicating spots for specific classes -- This "waitlist" notification will serve as a reminder at a good time to find the classes you are interested in, right after we have updated our inventory and right before new student class cycles begin, typically 2 - 3 weeks before. You will still need to visit this class registration page(s) and register, as normal. Classes are available, first come first serve. We hope this is helpful to you!
- HOLIDAYS We are open holidays with the exception of July 4, Thanksgiving, December 24 & 25, 31 (evening classes) and Jan 1 when the studio is closedfor workshops or other events.We automatically extend sessions for these dates.
- If you will miss a class during your session, you can make it up by dropping in on any other class at no charge. You do not need to notify us.
*Our large format classes are held in the LARGE WHEEL ROOM with a maximum of 16 students per class
**25lbs clay, all tools, one personal 12" x 36" shelf, glazes, underglazes and oxide washes and bisque and glaze firings.
Note: Students who use large amounts of clay may incur firing charges or should transfer to our artist program.
*WHAT YOUR FEE INCLUDES: Your class fee includes instruction, personal shelf space, use of any tools you may need (we have dozens of different kinds), 25 lbs of clay, glazes and bisque & glaze firing in our gas reduction kiln. We don’t make you buy a tool kit, pay extra fees for glaze firings or rent shelf space. All you need to bring to class is a towel and a willingness to get a little muddy.
FREE OPEN STUDIO: Besides allowing students to sit in on any other classes during their enrollment period, we offer “free studio” time on Sundays from 12:30 to 3 pm at no charge. That’s 10 hours a month of free studio time! We recognize that one of the keys to success in the ceramic arts is practice, practice, practice, so we try and make the studio as available to you as possible. We truly want you to SEIZE THE CLAY!
DISCOUNTS: We offer seniors (over 62) and current members of the military (and their immediate families) a 10 percent discount on their class rates. Just type "senior" or "military" in the coupon field upon checkout.
CLASS REFUNDS: You can get a 100% refund by letting us know prior to your first class that you need to cancel your 10 week session. You can get a 50% refund if you let us know before your third class. After your third class, we can't give any more refunds.