Reservations for Drop Ins on Weekends
75% of all open wheels and handbuilding spaces are now available to be reserved on weekends only. By reserving, you know your wheel or handbuilding space will be ready for you when you arrive at the Center. We are doing this because we heard in our student survey that people are frustrated with having to wait for a wheel or handbuilding space.
Right now, this is for weekends only. We will evaluate this after a couple of months. As with anything new, we appreciate your patience as we try it out.
Of course, there are some rules:
Rules for Weekend Drop-ins
1. You must be a current DCC student or keyholder to drop in.
2. You may reserve one drop-in each weekend and can add another drop-in, provided spaces are available, on the day of the drop-in. The drop-in schedule is the same as the class schedule (10 am, 12:30 pm and 3 pm sessions).
3. All drop-ins must first sign in at the front desk. You can then take any wheel or handbuilding space that has a RESERVED marker on it.
4. If you are more than 15 minutes late for your drop in, your space will be opened to people without a reservation.
5. If you arrive WITHOUT a reservation and all the spaces have RESERVED markers on them, you must wait until 15 minutes after the start of the session session to claim a RESERVED space. You must also sign in. (Same with in-session classes - you must wait 15 minutes before taking an open space.)
6. If you can't make your drop-in, you must cancel within 12 hours of your drop-in so that other students or artists can reserve your spot.
7. If you miss more than two drop-ins (or do not sign in) over a six month period, your drop-in privileges may be temporarily suspended.
8. You agree to clean up and exit your space prior to the next class starting and return your RESERVED marker to the box next to sign in sheet.