District Clay has created DCC LEARNING AIDS to help new and experienced students make better and better work. These include:
- DEMO REQUEST BOARDS in each our classrooms. Use these to help figure out new and interesting things to try and make.
- TEACHER RECOMMENDED VIDEOS: Go here to access a collection of excellent beginner and advanced YOUTUBE videos selected by our teachers.
- HOW TO . . . . One Pagers in each of our classrooms. Created by Jill Ross Meltzer, these explain how to master foundational techniques, including wedging, centering, throwing and handle making.
- TEACHER RECOMMENDED BOOKS: A list of the books our teachers love most, all of which are available for check out in our 700+ book DCC library.
- NEW STUDENT HANDBOOKS. Each new student will receive a New Student Handbook of tips and a tracking form that they can use to follow their ware through our production process.